If You've Experienced a Surge of Water in Your House and Need to Call a Mold Removal Service

First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. All molds are fungi, just like mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is dangerous to people is uncommon in the fungi kingdom, meaning most kinds aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be mitigated and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you reach out to a mold damage restoration Wake Forest, NC company for assistance if the mold growth takes up more than 9 square feet. If you see mold, there is probably more behind walls, in attics and elsewhere.

Before you choose anyone, make sure that they are licensed and registered properly and that they are approved by watchdogs such as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection. The State Office of Consumer Protection is a good place to start, and you can check for approval by groups such as as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection. You can also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.

Mold damage left to grow releases spores, which act like seeds and can cause damage to spread very quickly. If not, harmful mold will continue to feast on your structure and can destroy your possessions. Some types of mold, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health risks ranging from brain damage. Mold in the environment can be especially harmful to infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.